Tenancy Application Process
If you would like to proceed with an application for a room or property you have viewed, please find below the next steps in order to proceed:
Email email@example.com with your full details are per below, the property address, room number (if applicabale), group/personal profile, and rental offer.
1. Details: We will need the full name, email and phone number of all applicants for the property and the contact details of your guarantors should you need one.
2. Holding Fee: We will need a £100 holding fee per applicant in order to secure the property. Please note the property is not secured and we will continue to advertise the property until the holding fee is received. This will be deducted from first month's rent should the application proceed. If you provide any false information, fail the reference checks or pull out for any reason this will not be refundable. However if the landlord pulls out, we will refund this.
Bank details below:
3. Guarantor: You will then be put through referencing to check you fulfil the below criteria. If you do not, I will need a guarantor for each applicant that does fulfil the below criteria. I will need their full name, email and phone number. Please note if you don’t have a guarantor and don’t fulfil the below criteria, there is the option to pay the rent upfront or use the Housing Hands scheme. Please do let us know if you have queries regarding this.
4. Deposit Agreement: Once we have received the above information, we will issue out a deposit agreement to review and sign via Propertyfile.
5. Referencing: Once signed, we will start the referencing. We use an external agency called Vouch. They will contact you in order for you to provide the relevant information for reference checks.
6. Tenancy Agreement (and Guarantor Agreement): Providing your reference checks are successful, we will issue out a tenancy agreement to review and sign. If you have a guarantor they will also be sent a copy of the tenancy agreement along with the guarantor agreement.
7. Deposit: Before moving in you will need to pay a 5 week deposit for the property which will be held in a secure Deposit Scheme. The other option is to use the Reposit scheme instead https://reposit.co.uk/
8. Right to Rent: When check in is arranged we will need to see proof of your right to rent. This is a legal requirement. Please find the relevant forms of ID here https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/right-to-rent-document-checks-a-user-guide